Friday, March 25, 2011

10K at Angkor Wat

My friends talked me into running with them at 5:00 in the morning three days a week. Next thing I knew I was doing "long runs" on the weekend and signing up for my first 10K.
Pretty awesome feeling to cross that finish line with people cheering you on all around.
Of course the location of the run added to the magic. S&E ran the 3K Family Fun Run and are proud of their accomplishment!
C is the one who got me here. Knowing she and the rest of our running buddies are waiting for me at 5 AM helps me get up and tie those laces.
Six kids (ages 2 to 9) in a van for a five hour drive to Siem Reap? No problem, we've got movies! Did I mention that we left Phnom Penh on Saturday at noon, after the Sinterklaas celebration, drove to Siem Reap, slept, got up at 5:00, ran, ate, showered, and drove back to Phnom Penh to be home by 5:00 pm on Sunday? Impressive!

No comments: